Porcelain Veneers in Las Vegas | Henderson, NV
Porcelain veneers are used to reshape, lengthen or shorten teeth in order to create a brilliant, symmetrical smile. The dental veneer procedure is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments and it is entirely painless. If you are thinking about correcting major or even minor imperfections, porcelain veneers can be an excellent option, depending on the structure of your teeth and the severity of the problem.
What Exactly Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a form of cosmetic dentistry in which a shell or layer of tooth-colored porcelain is placed on top of your teeth to correct various imperfections, e.g. worn tooth enamel, an uneven tooth alignment or spacing, discoloration and chips or cracks. These porcelain layers are wafer-thin and come with an adhesive layer to bind it with your natural tooth.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Porcelain veneers are both aesthetically appealing and natural-looking and are made of non-harmful materials.
- They protect the surface of damaged teeth and may eliminate the need for more extensive treatments, such as crowns.
- No (or very little) removal of tooth structure, compared to crowns. With advancements in dentistry and dental materials, a trained and experienced cosmetic dentist can preserve almost all of the natural tooth structure while still creating a perfect, natural-looking smile.
- Since they are constructed to be placed on top of your teeth, your dental treatment is less invasive and less time-consuming than other solutions, such as dental crowns.
- Longevity and durability - porcelain veneers are made of a very strong ceramic material designed to last for years, even decades. The strength of your teeth will be comparable to natural tooth enamel. For optimal longevity, we suggest proper dental care and flossing. Use non-abrasive toothpastes with fluoride. This will ensure your veneers will not be damaged. During the first week of having them fitted, some transient sensitivity to hot and cold drinks or foods may appear. It goes away after a short time.
When Are Cosmetic Veneers an Effective Solution?
Certain food and drinks, as well as dental injuries and the natural aging process can all have a negative impact on our teeth. However, regardless of what causes unattractive teeth, dental veneers may solve most or even all of your cosmetic dental issues, including:
- Worn enamel: Over time, but also from a genetic predisposition, tooth enamel may become worn, dulled and discolored. This can also result from consuming soft drinks, tea or coffee, smoking, using certain medications, etc. If the conventional teeth whitening treatments have failed, veneers can be a good solution for your teeth. Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- Wear and tear: Teeth naturally wear down as people age. Aged teeth are more likely to have chips, cracks or a generally uneven appearance. Veneers cover these imperfections.
- Uneven or gapped teeth (diastema). Veneers can also fix minor bite-related problems.
- Various imperfections such as chips, cracks, stains, misshapen and short-looking teeth, discoloration and teeth misalignment. They are less invasive than crowns and can often fix the problem.
The Porcelain Veneers Process
Every porcelain veneer procedure starts with a personal consultation with Dr. Harouni. During this consultation, Dr. Harouni will take time to answer all of your questions regarding the procedure. He then will examine your teeth to determine if you are a candidate for dental veneers and if they are the best option for you. If dental veneers are the best option, you will be just a few appointments away from a perfect smile.
In order to place veneers, Dr. Harouni then will shape and prepare your teeth, which involves removing a small amount of natural tooth structure (usually only enamel) in order to fit the custom-made porcelain veneer. During this process, less than a millimeter of tooth enamel is removed. This is done in order to make room for the veneer to fit within the mouth. The resin is light-sensitive and cured with special light treatment. Needless to say, we custom design the shape, size and color that you want your new teeth to be, as every mouth is different.
Since dental veneers yield immediate and remarkable results, it is no wonder they are one of the most popular services in cosmetic dentistry. With porcelain veneers, we can improve your smile quickly and painlessly here at Dr. Harouni’s Dental Practice. Finally, you will be able to conceal all your dental imperfections, and above all - it will be quick and completely pain-free. These veneers look as good as the perfect natural teeth – nobody will be able to notice you have them. A bright, white smile with beautifully aligned teeth you have always wanted is just a few appointments away. Why wait for tommorow what you can do today! Get you porcelain veeners in Las Vegas & Henderson dental office of Dr.George Harouni!
For more information or to schedule an appointment with our renowned cosmetic dentist, Dr. George Harouni, call our Las Vegas, NV (Henderson, NV) dental office today at 702-434-9464.