Precise scans, unlike other scanners
iTero Dental Scanner
Precision Scanning: iTero technology captures whole-tooth images without data sampling for precise scans, unlike other scanners that fill in missing information using algorithms.
- Eliminates the discomfort of impressions and re-impressions
- Shortens seating appointments by 22% and virtually eliminates return appointments
- Powder-free scanning for patient comfort
- Provides real-time, high-impact visualizations to help you educate patients
What is iTero?
Itero is a sophisticated digital scanning device that creates an accurate, highly detailed 3D digital layout of the oral cavity and all its structures. The procedure involved is quick, completely pain and discomfort-free and is far more precise than traditional dental impressions.
How It Works
Designed to replace the traditional impressions, which involve unpleasant taste, messiness, and gagging, and which can above all be inaccurate, iTero enables us to offer our patients an impression procedure that is far superior to conventional methods.
With iTero a hand-held wand is used to optically scan your mouth, while the iTero scanner sends all the gathered data to a chairside computer, where a highly accurate 3D model shows a detailed image of the structures of your bite.
This enables you to enjoy a more comfortable impression process and eventually teeth restorations that look and feel naturally. Moreover, unlike traditional impression methods, iTero it is not at all time-consuming – with the iTero scanner it only takes five to eight minutes create a 3D digital image of your mouth.
The iTero scanner can be used for a wide range of applications. The 3D images can be sent to an offsite lab, where they can be used to create highly accurate dental restorations and orthodontic equipment, such as:
- Ceramic crowns: for the restoration of damaged/decayed teeth,
- Porcelain veneers: for the treatment of damaged/discolored teeth,
- Invisalign aligners: for the straightening of crooked, overlapping teeth,
- Precision Scanning: iTero scanner captures whole-tooth images without data sampling for precise scans, unlike other scanners that fill in missing information using algorithms.
Additionally, since the 3D scanning provides a comprehensive model of your entire mouth, the iTero scanner is immensely helpful in planning full mouth reconstruction.
iTero and Invisalign
Extremely important are the benefits of iTero’s compatibility with Invisalign aligners. The digital images can be sent to the Invisalign® lab where customized aligner trays are fabricated. Because of the extreme accuracy of these 3D images, trays fit better and are more effective and efficient than ever before. Also, if you are undergoing an Invisalign treatment, your dentist will be able to show you how your smile would look after orthodontic or restorative treatment.
Better patient experience
The iTero scanner greatly benefits patients, making your dental treatment a much easier and more pleasant experience. The advantages of the system include:
- Comfort – The ergonomically designed iTERO® wand rests on your teeth while scanning, which means that it does not require the application of powders, gels or uncomfortable impression devices. Consequently, it leaves your mouth in pristine condition.
- Efficiency – Using the iTero scanner to create 3D images is time-saving and shortens appointment time. The corrections of impressions are extremely rare and scans can be performed by a single operator.
- Accuracy – Invisalign® patients who are treated with the iTero scanner are seven times less likely to have problems with the fit of their aligners, and the ultra-precise digital image means that dental restorations rarely have to be remade.
As an added benefit, we will have a complete and highly accurate model of your bite in our files for the future, whenever you should need it. Itero scanner is a revolutionary new tool in the quest for better smiles, which provides enhanced precision, comfort and convenience. At Dr. George Harouni’s Dental Office we proudly embrace the latest technology to improve our precision and efficiency, and to enhance the overall patient experience.
Should you have any additional inquiries, need an advice or if you wish to schedule an appointment, do not hesitate to contact us by calling our Dental Office at 702-434-9464 or fax: (702) 434-0073.
Invisalign impressions are ready to go with digital iTero technology
Invisalign production data shows that only 0.4% of intraoral scans are rejected compared to 4% of PVS impressions. iTero can minimize the need to recall patients and re-take impressions.
Invisalign study conducted in 2011 found seven times fewer fit issues occured with scanning versus PVS impressions.